Host Liquor Liability Insurance

Whether its a hosted bar or cash bar, without a doubt the most important piece of insurance you’ll ever need is host liquor liability insurance.  In fact, you may have already been told by your venue that they require this insurance if you plan on serving alcohol of any kind.  And, if you’ve begun looking into this you’ve probably found this one-day coverage can run between $75 and $200, depending on the event.  The great news is that My Bartender includes this coverage as standard on every event that we do!

Most caterers and other bar service companies will tell you that this insurance coverage is your responsibility and will direct you to some insurance agent or questionable online insurer for coverage.  My Bartender will never do that as we don’t believe this responsibility should fall upon your shoulders.  When you are looking to contract with a service provider, you should be working with someone that is fully committed to serving you…the client.  My Bartender will take care of all the insurance details including contacting your venue for complete coverage information and issuing of all insurance certificates.

Every client and venue is supplied with insurance coverage of $1,000,000 (the OLCC requires a minimum of $300,00) automatically, with no significant cost increase to our services.  How can we do this?  Simple…we purchase an annual policy and because of our volume of business, we can spread this cost across all clients for just a few dollars.  Not $50, $75 or $100 extra, but less than $10 per client.  This can be quite a significant savings over any other vendor in town and can really help keep your event expenses low.  If you’re unfamiliar with this type of insurance coverage and need to know more, just ask, we’ll be happy to explain what this entails and why this is so very important for all parties involved.